I was going to write about my recent experience at my first “off campus” conference but decided it was all together too dry. Instead I thought I would let you in on a MOOC I am going to TRY and complete. It is on Digital Literacy.
If you don’t know what a MOOC is it stands for Massive Online Open Course (I could have got the O’s mixed up) Here is a video to tell you more:
- It’s FREE!
- I’m really interested in the assignment I have been given so far
- It’s great to do something to enhance the work I already do
- It gives me the opportunity to connect with people from around the world
Stuff I’m not so sure about
- Hey America you started it on a bank holiday!
- Filming myself for an assignment? I’m not sure I want to do that bit!
- Will I keep up with the pace of learning?
- “If you’re not going to do it properly you shouldn’t bother” springs to mind
I will see how I go and let you know how I get on